Our family..just missing our peanut

Our family..just missing our peanut
We underwent an unsuccessful IVF in 2008 and now are undergoing a FET with donated embryos in March 2010. This blog documents our journey.

For the rest of my life and other ramblings, please see my other blog at www.twondra.blogspot.com

Thanks so much for stopping by! We love our supporters!!

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Fatigue answers

I want this blog to be as informative as possible and to hopefully help someone in the process. :) So, I thought I would post some of the answers from fellow IVF'ers to the fatigue question I had:

From twicejess: Jess was tired too, but she thought it was just from the stress of it all. She didn't sleep real well during either IVF cycle. I don't think she ever thought it was the meds.

From s&j&j: I was very tired and uncomfortable. It takes a lot of energy to grow so many eggs. I kept saying that I am doing a year's worth of work in one month. It's a bit crazy, but yes, VERY emotional and tiring! The hormones go crazy and it sounds like you have some extra stress on top of everything. You just have to take it easy best you can to help your body do what it needs to and heal as fast as it can to be ready for baby growing afterwards.

From Rajen: The drugs you're being pumped with is primarily increasing your estrogen (E2) which is a "happy" 'drug' that runs through our endocrine system. So that's probably not why you're tired or emotional. The process (IVF) itself, however, combined with the emotional strains of managing that plus Mark's health issues can definitely wear you down. Just try and rest and take care of yourself along the way!

From Samantha: I was fatigued and it could have been from the meds but I also had a drive of 1 1/2 hours without traffic but up to 3 plus hours with traffic for my monitoring so I attributed my fatigue to that and the fact that I have CFS. But I would imagine with the stress you are going through with Mark and the IVF on top of the meds it would be strange if you weren't tired.

From Jackie: It's totally normal to feel fatigued. There is a lot happening inside there, not to mention the meds, and the anticipation, etc..I think that emotional affects of the meds, also cause people to feel tired.

1 comment:

Jennie said...

I was incredible fatigued and had gained weight, as expected. What I didn't expect was that the weight stays. It was only five pounds and worth every pound but I'm sure that it added to my feeling of bloating, heaviness, and fatigue.