Our family..just missing our peanut

Our family..just missing our peanut
We underwent an unsuccessful IVF in 2008 and now are undergoing a FET with donated embryos in March 2010. This blog documents our journey.

For the rest of my life and other ramblings, please see my other blog at www.twondra.blogspot.com

Thanks so much for stopping by! We love our supporters!!

Saturday, October 4, 2008

Started the stims!!

Yesterday I started the stims! They've actually been going pretty well. I started the Menopur yesterday morning. I had trouble mixing it up and I was nervous I didn't get all the medication in. But, when I talked to the nurse, she said it shouldn't be a problem and it sounds like I got enough in. Then I did the follistim last night. That went good, too, although Mark was having trouble pushing the injector button in from the pen. It seemed really hard to push in. Has anyone else had that? Otherwise, everything went great.

The only thing I didn't like was how the Menopur burns. Major burning! It's like take a piece of burning charcoal to my stomach, that'll feel much better. Anyone else have the burning or is it just me?

Tomorrow, we go in for labs. Then Tuesday and Thursday we have labs and ultrasounds. I just can't believe that it's soon here! In about 2 weeks I will officially be pregnant! I just hope our babies decide to stay here with us.

I wanted to show you guys a picture of Mark's and my vials of medication:



I really hope I don't accidentally give Mark some Menopur and Mark gives me some insulin. It wouldn't be so good if I have an insulin reaction and Mark's ovulating, huh?

3 comments:

C said...

Yes, Tammy. I am so Happy for you both. How wonderful. Personally, I hope you two are blessed with TWINS!!! Wouldn't that be something?

Anonymous said...

I hope you are blessed with twins too. I remember the stims...just remember that it is temporary. If you need someone to talk to, send me an email. It is posted on the NW site under someone wanting at home IUI instructions. If you can't find it, let me know.

Shan

Anonymous said...

That is so funny about Mark's potential O! LOL! I am sorry about the burning but glad the shots are going well otherwise. I am keeping the faith over here for you and can't wait to hear how the u/s goes.
Melanie