Our family..just missing our peanut

Our family..just missing our peanut
We underwent an unsuccessful IVF in 2008 and now are undergoing a FET with donated embryos in March 2010. This blog documents our journey.

For the rest of my life and other ramblings, please see my other blog at www.twondra.blogspot.com

Thanks so much for stopping by! We love our supporters!!

Friday, October 17, 2008

Pictures and more info about the retrieval

Here are a few pictures that we took the day of the retrieval. We left our house at about 6:45 in the morning.

Here is Mark attempting to be up and ready to go.

Once again, Mark is "attempting" to be up

Mark, me and Peyton

Mark and I. No, I don't think Mark knows how to smile....especially at this time of the morning

My mom, Peyton and I

Everything went so well yesterday. I was a little nervous at first and Mark could tell. He was so sweet and would get me laughing and relaxed. That helped so much. At one point when they had me change into my gown, Mark said "You know, we could switch places. I don't think they would suspect a thing." He can always make me laugh.

The thing that was so special was that when I first woke up, I saw Mark standing right next to me with a smile on his face. He asked me if I had heard how many eggs and I told him I hadn't. He was so proud to tell me they retrieved 12 eggs. It was so special to me to hear it from Mark and not a nurse or doctor...not that they aren't cool, but to hear it from Mark was so special. I don't remember much, but Mark said I was pretty out of it and kept repeating myself. He said I said "Can you believe it? We're going to be parents" at least a dozen times. I was pretty excited. :)

I remember someone saying that after the retrieval, they felt a sense of loss from the follies. I can totally see where they are coming from. It was a little sad for me to realize that those 12 eggs that we had seen on ultrasounds for the last couple weeks were no longer in me. Granted, yes, I know it was a good thing and I was excited....but there was still that sense of loss and a little sadness.

Overall, I was one of the lucky ones who had no problems. I was really tired and slept when we got home at about 1 until 3:30. Then I was worried I wouldn't sleep that night so I forced myself to stay awake. Then I was in bed by 8 and slept in until 6:30 this morning which is late for me. Otherwise, I had very minimal cramping and a little low back pain, so I consider myself very lucky. It did hurt a little to go to the bathroom yesterday, but not bad.

I think I'm coming down with a cold, too, which could be why I'm tired, too.

I think about our 12 eggs so much. Like a protective mother, I just wanna be there and watch them and make sure they're okay and being treated right. :) I can't wait to hear tomorrow how our babies are doing.

Thanks again for all the support you guys! It means so much.

2 comments:

Mamato2 said...

12 eggs! Oh Tammy, this is IT!!! Many blessings. Can't wait for the great news!!

Anonymous said...

Oh Tammy, I am so happy that it went so well. I can't wait to hear the report today. You give me so much hope girl!

Love ya!
Melanie